Q: I replaced the thermostat in my car but it still gets hot and the coolant keeps evaporating the fan kicks on I see no leaks what c

asked by on July 24, 2017

I replaced the thermostat in my car but it still gets hot and the coolant keeps evaporating the fan kicks on I see no leaks what can be the problem be? I have to top off the coolant about every 3 weeks. The car works fine until the coolant gets low.

Coolant does not just evaporate. The coolant is leaking out somewhere? If you do not have any external leaks then you may have a leaking head gasket that is letting coolant into the engine cylinders. Have the engine compression and pressure tested to see if you have low compression in one cylinder and pressure test cooling system to see if it holds pressure.