Q: Horn honks when walking around or away from vehicle.

I have a 2017 Cadillac Escalade and when I exit the vehicle with the key fob in my pocket and start to walk away, especially near the front of the vehicle, the horn beeps. Example I get out to open the garage door and the vehicle beeps. this is annoying and disturbing if I get home late at night. Is there anyway to disable this feature. It also happened on a 2017 Suburban I was driving.

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle does this obviously as a security and safety feature. The software and settings will need to be accessed and changed to your liking. The first place you should check for help is the owner’s manual. This should have plenty of information available to you about the system. Sometimes in your situation they can not be reprogrammed, as the settings are limited to certain controls. You will need to have a computer, scan tool, or way to access the software through your vehicle’s controls in order to access the settings. If the vehicle is under warranty, you may want to be careful of how much reprogramming you do. With that said, for further help reprogramming the settings, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.