Q: Test question - ignore

asked by on February 10, 2017

ignore

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

test - ignore

Engine check light on and cruise control not working, but speedometer works

P0717 is derived from engine speed (usually sensor counting flywheel revolutions), not necessarily sensor in the transmission, and not vehicle speed sensor - different sensor. The engine speed sensor may have failed - independent of cruise control symptoms. Check cruise...

engine overcooling; engine fan always on!

Hi Alex....yes, that sensor could be a possibility but there are other components in the circuit as well such as relays (that can stick on) and, although not as likely, there are possible wiring faults that can cause continuous power...

Vehicle won't start

Hello. This is not a problem with the alternator or the starter. I have yet to see a bad starter on this vehicle. It is almost always the battery. The battery will need to be load tested to verify this....

Shifter moves but gear won't engage

It sounds like you may be having an issue with your shift linkage. This will either be a cable driven linkage or an electronic linkage. The cable driven style can often break causing no mechanical connection between the shifter and...

Does the 2013 Dodge Journey have transmission mounts? Does they vehicle only have engine mounts and how many?

The engine has 4 motor mounts. A left, right, front and rear of the engine. The transmission also uses the rear engine mount and crossmember mounts.

Car not starting all of the time

The no start can be from the cam or crank sensor, or the fuel pump. The system would need to be scanned for a code indicating the possible problem. The suspension should also be checked over completely for any issues...

Car temp fluctuating between normal and overheating

Hi Teleisha. Thanks for contacting us today. There could be multiple issues causing the Avenger to run hotter than normal, ranging from an obstruction of debris in the cooling tubes or heater core, or failed water pump - even fuel...

Which muffler should I get for a deep smooth sound?

Even with a different muffler, this engine will still have a high pitched noise like the one you are hearing. This noise is due to the valve timing changing. A muffler will be helpful in drowning out the other noise....

Car window stuck down half way

Hi. When you push the window switch, power flows to a the corresponding window motor. The motor then raises/lowers the regulator, which is a scissor-type lift that attaches to the window. The power window motors and regulators are known for...