Q: Brake pedal has very little resistance

My car was making squealing noises, and at the workshop they told me it was the brakes, so I cleaned the brake pads. I accidentally loosened the main line for the brake fluid and some brake fluid drained out. When I was finished I drove to the workshop to buy some brake fluid. The brakes are working but not very optimally, there is hardly any resistance when I step on the brake pedal, and can quite easily push it all the way down to the floor. I topped up the brake fluid and thought that this would fix the problem, yet the brakes were the same on the ride home, very little resistance. What can I do to rectify this? Thanks

A: From what you’ve described, I’d advise you ...

From what you’ve described, I’d advise you to not drive the vehicle and get the brakes bled out. It’s possible that you still have a brake fluid leak in this case.

I’d suggest having this looked at by a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, who can diagnose your brake system firsthand and bleed your brake system if necessary. Best of luck.

Recommended services
Get a Quote