Q: Ticking noise from engine

My 2012 Buick Verano has a ticking noise coming from underneath the hood. It has 106,000 KMS on it. It sounds like a diesel engine. The dealership keeps telling me it's normal. But I think something is going on.

Hello. A ticking noise can be caused by a variety of components. Does it increase in speed with the engine? Does they typically happen in while warm or cold, or does it happen constantly? It may be a lifter or injector problem. The issue may also be related to the type and brand of oil and oil filter that are on the car. Newer models of Buicks do have a reputation for having similar ticking issues like you are describing. Try switching to a better quality of oil and oil filter to start, as it never hurts to change your oil early. If you are not having any drivability issues and the vehicle seems to be running as it should, you may want to keep an eye on it and see if the issue gets any worse. Start by upgrading your oil and oil filter, and keep on eye on the performance and gas mileage.