Q: Is there vibrations and humming that gets louder when speed is increased then stops when vehicle stops a wheel bearing problem

asked by on June 25, 2017

There is vibrations and humming noise coming from the vehicle when the speed is increased and it stops when the vehicle stops (stop light or stop sign). It (vibrations) feels as if it's coming from driver side and I can feel it in steering wheel. Could that be a wheel bearing assembly problem?

From what you describe it is the front wheel bearings in the front hubs that need replaced. You should also check the tires for uneven wear and need for tire rotation or alignment issues causing uneven tire wear.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr