Q: Can a leaky CV axle seal ruin a CV axle?

Oil leaking from the inside driver cv axle. Can this issue cause problems to the point of ruining my cv axle? I just replaced it and don't want it to cause a problem to the point of having to replace it. Any help?

A: The oil leak itself may not necessarily rui...

The oil leak itself may not necessarily ruin the CV axle, however if the oil leak progresses to a point where the CV joint lacks the proper amount of oil to sufficiently lubricate it, the lack of lubrication can cause it to fail due to the metal on metal contact on the inner working components. This generates an enormous amount of heat which can cause parts to seize. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to take a look at your leaking CV joint and repair it.