Q: Does a 2011 audi Q5 use tubeless tires? I have a nail lodged in but tire has not deflated

Does a 2011 audi Q5 use tubeless tires? I have a nail lodged in but tire has not deflated

Your vehicle uses tubeless tires. The tire won’t deflate if the nail is very tight. That is typical and in fact lots of tires have nails, screws, glass shards and other objects but because these foreign objects can be really tightly lodged in the tread, no air leaks out. The problem though is if the foreign object unexpectedly dislodges, then you have a hole and then you can have a rapid deflation. If the rapid deflation happens in a parking lot, that’s fine, but if it happens at 70 miles per hour on a bridge with no breakdown lane, that could be a problem. Generally, the rule is if you know there is a nail or screw in the tread you should get it repaired for safety reasons. If you need assistance with this, just request spare tire installation and the mechanic will take the necessary steps to get the tire repaired or replaced if it is not repairable. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Does a 2011 audi Q5 use tubeless tires? I have a nail lodged in but tire has not deflated