Q: Q: timing

I independantly turned cams from the crank during timing chain replacement. What is the proper procedure to re time?

Your engine is an interference engine which means that if you turn the crankshaft and/or camshafts independently of one another, with the timing chain removed, the valves will interfere with the pistons causing the valve stems to bend. The timing chain is keyed to the sprockets and, as well, the sprockets are keyed to marks on the block and head. So, more than half dozen marks must be matched but if you look at this illustration you will see all of the marks that must line up. If you want the repair performed, in this case the timing chain set, and a check of the valves, please request timing chain replacement and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.