Q: My car starts to shake when its idling and when I give it gas and the check engine light goes on and off, car acts like it wants t

My car acts like it wants to stall, I warmed it up this morning and was taking my daughter to school, while sitting at the light it started shaking a little and acted like it didn't want to go when I pressed the gas pedal, it started shaking when the car was just sitting, when I pressed the gas pedal it was ok but when the car slowed down the check engine light would go off and on and act like it wanted to stall, could it possibly be the air filter, I was told it needed to be replaced

Car is shaking or vibrating Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi Theresa. Thanks for contacting us today. There are a few possible reasons why your Cobalt is having these issues. Typically the vibration and shake is caused by either a vacuum leak, engine misfire or even loose engine mounts. I think the best way to know for certain what needs to be repaired is to have a professional mechanic complete an on-site inspection.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr