Q: Car rattles and shakes when the foot is off the gas.

Car rattles and shakes when car is in motion when foot is released from the gas

There could be an issue with one or both CV Shafts. The outer bearing assembly on the CV Shafts could be damaged or out of grease causing the joints to stick on deceleration making the vehicle shake and rattle. Jack up the vehicle and have the wheels off the ground. Spin the tires slowly and feel if there is a binding or popping feeling in the tires. If so, then the CV Shafts need to be replaced.

If you need further assistance with the vehicle shaking when letting off the gas pedal, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Car rattles and shakes when the foot is off the gas.