Q: Car wont start up again once its warm 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

The car wont start up again once its warm after being driven. Just changed plugs and new cam position sensor oem. Starts fine when cold in the morning and after work. But once warm it just cranks and turns over untill it cools about 20 mins later. Its losing power. Car doesnt over heat fan turns off with the engine. Please help thanks

A: Hello - the first thing to check is for pro...

Hello - the first thing to check is for problem codes, whether the Check Engine light is on or not. Checking for spark during one of these "warm, won’t start" conditions in the next step. Your symptoms are likely a failed crankshaft position sensor or coil pack(s), which have an electrical fault in their windings. I would recommend an inspection of the vehicle during a ["warm/hot no start" scenario by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.