Q: Car won't start on a hot day

When I park my car in the shade or start it early in the morning it starts fine but when I leave it under the sun it won't start at all and if it does start and I go to the store or something when I try to start it back up it won't start I have to wait like 15-20min I've been told it's the distributor cap a mechanic told me that the spark is yellow? I don't know what that means any help would be really appreciated

A: Hello there, many different faults can caus...

Hello there, many different faults can cause your 1994 Honda Accord to not start when hot. The most common would be the fuel pump, spark plugs, cap + rotor, coil, fuel filter, starter, battery cable, or a wiring harness fault. Since so many different systems can cause your car not to start it should be diagnosed properly. A qualified technician such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your no start when hot and perform any repairs required.