Q: Can I switch my CVT transmission with any other transmission from any other model cars that is not a CVT

Can I switch my CVT transmission with any other transmission from any other model cars that is not a CVT?

2.2

A: Hello. In order to change to the standard n...

Hello. In order to change to the standard non-CVT transmission you would need to do a lot of electrical work. It will not work directly in your vehicle. You would need to take the wiring harness and the computers out of the vehicle that does not have the CVT and then install it in yours. Once that is done, all of the computers would have to be reprogrammed to be able to communicate with on another. This type of work may be much more expensive then what the vehicle is worth.