Q: Checking transmission fluid after driving

Driving and checking transmission fluid. I expect the transmission fluid to be warm and hot enough when I drive 90 for 33 miles. I check after driving on the level surface and wiping flat.

A: Anything on the car warms up. You only need...

Anything on the car warms up. You only need driving around a block maybe 8 or 10 times, 4 minutes or something, and it should be hot enough for you to check the transmission fluid.

But make sure it's on the level surface. I've had a guy once who said, "Oh my gosh, I think my transmission is out of fluid. I don't know what to do." I checked and it was perfectly full. I asked him, "Where were you checking?" He said, "I've checked in my driveway." I looked at his driveway, and his driveway was very steep. You've got to make sure that it's on a level surface when you check any kind of fluid or else you will probably not get an accurate reading.