Q: Fasteners for the hood came off

One of the fasteners for the hood came off, and fell down by the stick, out of sight. Now, shifting from First to Second makes a noise and doesn't feel right.

All of the fasteners for the hood are required as the mounting locations serve important roles in the event of a collision. While shifting gears, the weight transfer and flex of the vehicle may be causing this noise through a now loose mounting location. Have a mechanic, like the ones here at YourMechanic, determine the source and cause of your shifting issue, and correct the situation.

3. Fasteners for the hood came off