Q: Antitheft feature shut down

I removed the battery to place it onto a trickle charge. When I reinstalled the battery, the system was shut down by an antitheft feature. How do I reinstate the system?

There are a few things you might attempt to see if the system recognizes the keys again and resets itself. You can try to lock and unlock the drivers door using the key. This will sometimes reset the system by allowing it to recognize the keys. If this does not work, a trip to your local Ford dealership will be your next step. They have the equipment necessary to reset the system and reprogram to whatever lost its programming.