Q: Hey i have a 2002 Mercedes Benz E430. I replace the radiator and refill the coolant level. The problem is my car runs hot and it s

I replace my radiator and now im trying to see do I need to bleed the system. Because my temp is at 85° to 95° degrees. I really need some help.

If you recently replaced the radiator, there’s a possibility that it could have air in it, which will require the system to be bled. However, there may also be other issues that cause it to run hot. When you mention the temp is 85-95 degrees, I assume you are speaking of the outside temperature and not the car’s operating temperature as it should run much warmer than that (~180 +/- degrees).

I would also suggest checking your thermostat to be sure it is functioning correctly. The thermostat regulates the coolant flow in and out of your car’s engine. When this is stuck open or closed this can affect the car’s ability to circulate the coolant properly throughout the motor causing overheating problems very quickly. If you need to have this done, consider YourMechanic as certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the overheating issue and follow through with the appropriate repairs.

• Hey i have a 2002 Mercedes Benz E430. I replace the radiator and refill the coolant level. The problem is my car runs hot and it s