Q: My steering wheel locked now my car won't start

I was pulling in to get gas and my steering wheel locked I managed to get it in front of a gas pump. I called my sister, turned off my car to turn it back on and while wiggling the wheel to unlock it but now my car won't start. The radio and lights work but it just won't go into drive

Hello. It sounds like you have a steering lock or ignition switch problem. Most of the time the switch fails which will turn the ignition off and lock the steering. I typically take the steering column apart to inspect the locking mechanism and test the ignition switch to see which one failed.

If you need to have this done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the no start issue.