Q: Noisy fuel pump

Since my last fuel pump was a little noisy, I replaced it with warranty. The new one is a bit quieter but compared to the other one, I can hear the fluid going through when I'm accelerating. Just a different fuel pump noise?

A: It probably is but you'll want to keep ...

It probably is but you'll want to keep a note on this because fuel pumps can go out multipe times because of this problem. If your fuel pressure regulator is bad, that's going to make the new pump burn out faster and can also cause different noises. So if you are curious, you might have the system pressure tested to see if the fuel pump regulator is starting to go out, too. It's a second cause of it. Of course, I hope that when they changed the pump, they also changed the filter because a dirty filter can cause pumping to make a lot of noises as it goes through the filter. Sometimes that can make them bubble up. If you need help having this checked, a mechanic from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect the noise and determine what repairs are needed.