Q: Won't shift out of second gear - 2000 GMC Sierra 2500

asked by on September 27, 2016

After I had the transmission filter replaced, the truck started developing some issue with the transmission. I couldn't shift it into overdrive but it got worse. Now, I'm not able to shift out of second gear. I still can put it to reverse though. I had the fluids checked and they are good. What might be the cause of this?

Transmission Position Sensor (Switch) Replacement $90.40 - $913.94 Get a Quote

Hello. This definitely sounds like an electronic transmission control issue. It could be something as simple as a transmission range selection switch or something as serious as a transmission valve body. You may want to consult with a transmission shop or dealership to assist in this issue.