Q: Won't shift out of second gear - 2000 GMC Sierra 2500

After I had the transmission filter replaced, the truck started developing some issue with the transmission. I couldn't shift it into overdrive but it got worse. Now, I'm not able to shift out of second gear. I still can put it to reverse though. I had the fluids checked and they are good. What might be the cause of this?

Hello. This definitely sounds like an electronic transmission control issue. It could be something as simple as a transmission range selection switch or something as serious as a transmission valve body. You may want to consult with a transmission shop or dealership to assist in this issue.