Q: Over revving and no power going up hill. .

It will over rev to4+ rpm when driving jolts in speeds up to 30mph . when driving between 30@ 40 mph it is fine, but go above or below that speed and she over revs again. Put my foot down and nothing happens so hardly make it up hills. Then another day it is not so bad. The only way to stop the overreving is to brake hard. PLEASE can you help me I am desperate. Many thanks in advance.

Hi there. The problem lies within the gas pedal. The pedal position sensor has lost its counts and is telling the computer to rev up the engine to a higher count, but the sensor will not deactivate until the brakes are depressed. I recommend replacing the gas pedal position sensor. If you need further assistance with your engine over revving, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.