Q: Accelerater is not working.

asked by on February 13, 2017

OBD scanner says P2118 throttle actuator control motor current range/performance. How do I fix this?

Thank you!

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The most common causes of Diagnostic Trouble Code P2118 are failure of the throttle actuator control motor, a failed pedal position sensor, a faulty throttle position sensor, an open or short in the actuator circuit, or a poor electrical connection anywhere in the control circuits for the foregoing components. You can perform a visual inspection, and/or use an ohmmeter, to see if any obviously damaged wiring exists but if there are no wiring faults an advanced-level scan tool is needed to diagnose the root cause of Code P2118. The scan tool is used to monitor the data stream and check the throttle and accelerator pedal position sensor values as they are operated. A multimeter is also used to check for voltage at the throttle actuator control motor. The air intake will be removed and the throttle body will be inspected to see if the throttle plate is freely moving.

If you desire that these diagnostic steps be performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a check engine light diagnostic for Code P2118. and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.