Q: Transmission failed, what are the options?

The transmission in my 2012 Toyota Tundra failed catastrophically the other day and I only have 21,000 miles on the truck. Luckily, after reading other complaints I purchased a decent warranty and it covered the replacement. I am actually very concerned, with the transmission failing so early and unexpectedly. Should I be worried about more of the drivetrain failing now. Warranty goes to 50k miles, should I sell it after that?

A: Without knowing the reason behind the failu...

Without knowing the reason behind the failure, it is impossible to assess future failures. Is there anything you can do? Yes! For your part, be aware of any recognizable signs that you may have noticed prior to the failure of the original transmission. Take note of simple things like any debris restricting or blocking the transmission cooler located in front of the radiator. Always make sure that you have brought the truck to a complete stop before shifting from drive to reverse, and vise versa.