Q: Truck shakes violently while braking

asked by on October 15, 2016

Hello,my truck shakes while applying pressure on the brake pedal on speeds over 45 MPH, took it to my local tire shop 3 months ago and they put new brakes (new rotors, brake pads, piston) then one week later ,the truck would shake again,so i took it back and they changed everything again and they told me that it might not be the brakes, so now after 3 months with this problem im desperate to fix this any ideas?

Wheel Bearings Replacement $94.60 - $550.03 Get a Quote
Car is shaking or vibrating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

This may be a sign of worn out or failing wheel bearings. When this happens, this can cause a vibration usually opposite the defective side. When this happens, commonly this is a result of metal on metal contact inside the bearing housing. This can be a very dangerous situation that will get worse with time in some cases leading to the bearing eventually seizing up which may cause an accident. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your hone to take a look at your truck to more specifically diagnose the shaking and repair.