Q: Van chugs when accelerating.

My van acts like it is going to die when accerating but not when idiling. At first i noticed stronger exhaust then the chug. The check engine light has not come on. I have changed fule pump, distributor, rotor, plugs and wire, replaced bad fuel line and it still does acts up. What could it be?

The chugging is being caused by either the fuel monitoring system (fuel injectors or throttle body injection) is metering too much fuel into the cylinders or the fuel filter could be plugged up causing the fuel system to drop in volume. Try throttling the engine when running from an idle and not driving the van. This will determine if the chugging is done with the engine running or running under a load. Also, the ignition timing could be off causing the engine to stumble under a load. Check the distributor and make sure that its in time properly. If you need further assistance with your engine chugging/hesitating, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Van chugs when accelerating.