Q: Replaced sway bar links and bushings. Still making a clunking sound. Sway bar feels loose when pulled on and can hear the sound.

asked by on February 06, 2017

Just had the sway bar links and bushings replaced to fix a clunking sound. Drove half an hour and clunking sound is back. Got home took a look and the sway bar feels loose and when pulled on I can hear the clunk noise. What is still wrong or was something not put back together right.

Stabilizer Bar Links Replacement $97.21 - $294.75 Get a Quote

You should not be able to physically manipulate the sway bar. If you are able to do so, there is something wrong with the bar, the links, bushings, the attachment to the frame or other suspension components. Whatever the fault is, it should be fairly obvious on inspection. To speculate, it is possible that "aftermarket" parts have been used, ones that just simply don’t fit. Please feel free to schedule a sway bar inspection/diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you promptly and professionally. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.