Q: Car hard to turn with a new power steering pump 2007 Ford Taurus

the car is very hard to turn no matter how long you drive it

Hi there - I suspect the steering rack may be worn out, and is binding. This would cause the hard steering you are experiencing, regardless of having a new power steering pump. I would recommend a steering system inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.