Q: Car hard to turn with a new power steering pump 2007 Ford Taurus

the car is very hard to turn no matter how long you drive it

Hi there - I suspect the steering rack may be worn out, and is binding. This would cause the hard steering you are experiencing, regardless of having a new power steering pump. I would recommend a steering system inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Car hard to turn with a new power steering pump 2007 Ford Taurus