Q: Car will not accelerate properly

I was on my way to visit family. I had checked everything , moter oil, transmission oil, water, coolant, and just filled tank with gas. Well as I was on the freeway going 60 mph I heard a pop and then the car started to slow down and I tried to push the gas pedal all the way down and it would accelerate but very slowly. And now when I stopped to see the problem I tried to shift into reverse and it jerks very bad but will accelerate properly in reverse but not in Drive. Please give me some piece of mind of what is wrong with my van. Thank you

A: That was smart to check fluid levels under ...

That was smart to check fluid levels under the hood before your trip. I'm not sure you could've done anything else to prevent this breakdown.

It sounds like you are describing a transmission failure on the Quest. A mechanic with transmission experience inspecting your vehicle would be able to confirm it. 174,000 miles is a good, long run on that one. If you'd like to get this looked at, feel free to contact a professional mechanic who can diagnose your acceleration issue and fix it accordingly. Good luck.