Q: Random crank but no start on a 2008 Kia Sorento

2008 Kia Sorento 80,000 miles on it. Randomly, it has a crank no start problem. Otherwise it runs fine. The car also has a remote start.

The on-board capabilities of your Kia are pretty high. When problems occur, the computer often memorizes them. A lot of times, it will turn the engine on and have the Check Engine Light on and give you a code that way. But if it had stuff like a bad mode six or bad live data, and bad recorded data, a good mechanic will be able to analyze that. I’d start there if I were you because if it happens intermittently, it is something that you are going to need a computer to help figure the issue out. Otherwise, you are going to give it to somebody and say "drive it and find out what’s wrong," and this could take weeks, so you are going to pay them a lot of money. Find a professional mechanic to analyze that information and diagnose your starting issue first. That would be the best thing to do so that you don’t end up replacing any parts that are not faulty.

3. Random crank but no start on a 2008 Kia Sorento