Q: Suzuki Grand Vitara with P0717 code.

The car runs great. But it's time to smog it. I'm getting a P0717 code. Input turbine speed sensor malfunction. I'm not sure if it on the Trans or a wheel sensor.

Please help. Trying to fix my granny's car. :)

Hi there:

In most cases the wheel sensor or the electrical harness attached to the sensor is the source of this error code. You might want to replace both, reset the ECU and see if the code goes away. If you’re having symptoms such as slipping transmission or the car is having difficulty accelerating or shifting gears, then you most likely have a mechanical issue inside the transmission that needs to be repaired. You might want to have a professional mobile mechanic complete a check engine light inspection to help you pinpoint the source of this code.