Q: AC needs servicing

My AC is not working. I suspect it may need vacuuming and refilled with refrigerant. The compressor seems to be working and it does have some refrigerant. Also, the low pressure switch is good, the blend doors are functioning, and the fans/blowers are working.

You will have to start with an A/C service. An A/C service will recover your old refrigerant, pull a deep vacuum on the system, and check for leaks, if there are no leaks, the system will be filled to the proper amount. Once the service is done, if the A/C still doesn’t work, the technician will monitor the high and low side pressures to determine which zone has the issue. YourMechanic has technicians that can assist you with your AC issue.