Q: Won't start

asked by on August 24, 2016

I went out to start my car this morning. it ran for a few minutes and died. after that it would turn over but not fire. I did get it to fire once after that then it died. now I can't get it to even turn over. I tested the battery and that's not the problem. I'm lost please help.

Most likely your battery is too discharged to crank the motor. It may run other accessories, it just doesn’t have enough juice to start the car. For this problem you will need a battery charger to charge your battery. But this is just the beginning. Once the battery is charged and capable of cranking the motor again, you will need to figure out what failed. This involves testing for spark, fuel pressure, injector pulse, and correct camshaft timing.

I recommend enlisting a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, for an inspection to help you diagnose the starting issue with your car.