Q: Try to start car, no power.

My battery cables were lose to where I'd have to hit the positive terminal to be able to start the car. After leaving my car sit overnight, it dies and doesn't start back up. Immediately after connecting the jumper cables my car starts right up. I leave it sit for 10 min and disconnect them and let it idle. Once I put my car in drive or turn on my headlights the car instantly dies. I heard my tape deck making noise like it was ejecting repeatedly and even when I look at the battery I can hear A slight humming.

Hi there, A loose terminal will prevent the alternator from properly maintaining a charge. Also, a weak or failing alternator will cause the engine to stall when you have described as the voltage and amperage outputs would be greatly reduced and any load on the electrical system will result in the engine stopping. Test the battery for a state of health, bad cell, and low cold cranking amps. Test the alternator with a load test to confirm whether or not the voltage and amps output is where it should be. Based on what you’ve described, the alternator is now failing and the battery may no longer be able to hold a sufficient charge. Your Mechanic has several available technicians to assist you with a no start inspection, battery replacement, and alternator replacement.