Crank no start

Crank no start Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged? Yes Have replaced crankshaft position sensor, distributor cap and rotor [ignition coil](/topics-ignition-coil-chevy/), and di...

Crank no start Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged? Yes Have replaced crankshaft position sensor, distributor cap and rotor [ignition coil](/topics-ignition-coil-chevy/), and did passlock 2 relearn Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car? 2003 chevy s10 4.3l vortec is Vin 'x' Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S10 yourself? What have you tried so far? I listed it in second text. And yes myself Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you? HELO HELP Mechanic's Assistant: Hi. How can I help? Joke

Got it
Automotive Expert
Hi, my name is\*\*\*\*\*’ve been a technician on Just Answer since 2007 and I'll be helping you today. I'm sorry to hear you are having difficulties with your vehicle. I know how inconvenient car trouble is, but together, we will get your vehicle back up and running quickly. May I ask whom I am chatting with today?

Donna Helms
Automotive Expert
Hi Donna, it's nice to meet you. Has it been checked to see what's missing so it won't fire? What's the fuel pressure? Is there spark? Let me know.

Problem started after completely run out gas
Automotive Expert
Ok, with all that you have replaced, I would check the fuel pressure. It's possible the fuel pump failed when it ran out of gas. Take some carb cleaner or starting fluid and spray it directly into the throttle, then crank the [engine](/topics-engine-chevy/) and see if it runs for a few seconds, if it does, then I would replace the fuel pump.

Was cpk sensor code replaced that then p0351 "fixd" said ignition coil module so replaced that . have gas no sparkdid that no start. Cranks good but no spark.Even changed distributor cap and rotor
Automotive Expert
Do you have a test light?

Yep
Automotive Expert
Ok, chekc the pink wire at the coil for power with the key on and let me know please.

The "fixd" obd2 reader keeps giving p0351.Have tested module signal and igni coil moduleIt makes no sense to me. I have performed tests replaced what came up but it wont start
Automotive Expert
Do you have power on the pink wire? If you replaced the crank sensor and it's still coding the crank sensor, then you have either got a bad crank sensor OR there is a wiring issue from the sensor to the computer. I realize some of these tests might be repetitive, but I haven't worked on the truck so I have to start somewhere.

Understsnd thatThe p0351 is ignition coil primary.
Automotive Expert
Sorry, can you test the wiring to the coil please? The pink wire, if there isn't power to the coil you won't get spark and you will continue to get the code for the coil

I love the power truck has when running but working on it cramming V6 vortec in s10 engine compartment questionable idea! hahaused Tpin got 10v
Automotive Expert
I know that! Is the battery voltage only 10 volts?

Was at 12v but now down to 10vIt hasnt cranked over month so put on charger all night
Automotive Expert
Ok,, take the test light and check out the white/black striped wire. Do this with the engine cranking, you should see the light flash as you crank it

Is it safe to hook up trickle charge while trying to test or crankOk hold on
Automotive Expert
It is, but as long as it's the same voltage as the battery, it's good to go. You may have to put the clamp on the test light on the positive post for the test I can't remember to be honest.

Feel like ooctapus but ill get itOk
Automotive Expert
Yeah, it can be a little bit tricky, but hopefully we can see what's happening.

We got powerpasslock 2 flashi g againGet flash on test light
Automotive Expert
Ok, which relearn did you try on the passlock. It appears that the ignition module is working like it should The flash means there is pulse going through the coil. From the module, this should cause spark. How did you confirm no spark?

I think strange passlock2 antitheft thing keeps failing i think because radio not affectedPut screwdriver in sprk wire
Automotive Expert
Well, I would like to know how no spark was confirmed and if you are using the 30 minute passlock procedure or 10

Originally did 30min of off on stuff then went to 2.2k resistor on yellow to orange bkack tracer. Then took it out and put it back again todayIm not afraid of doing work takes me longer but i get it done. Im a disabled nurse not mechanic
Automotive Expert
If it's set back to the factory, I would attempt the relearn. I really don't see a reason for no spark. Pull a wire out of the cap and set it next to the tower and see if any spark jumps when you crank it.

Wait wait ok pull spark wire from distributor cap put near what towet
Automotive Expert
yes, the area you pulled it from, like I said, I see zero reason for the lack of spark unless you got a defective coil

Ok i get hold on
Automotive Expert
ok

No sparkIntresting thing thoughThe 'hold power' relay hot like make ya jump hotNoticed it when did the wire to starter ththing so dont have to stretch from cap to compartmentFay moment double checking fuses
Automotive Expert
Ok, from what I see, you have what is needed for spark. Make sure the rotor is spinning when cranking the engine.

Dont know howcto do that. How do check rhat take off dist cap?
Automotive Expert
yes, just take the cap off and set it aside and see that the rotor is spinning, if it is, I am going to say try a different coil, the one you have may be defective.

Im a let ya go . i will do that this 2nd new coil on hereI gotta get cooled off then come back out to do that. The distrbutor screws and where its placement is bear to me i drop screws a few times
Automotive Expert
Ok, you can post what you find here and I will get it. Even if I am not on, it will be here when I am. Take care.