Q: 07 charger v6 wont move, like its in limp mode, will shift solenoid fix this? wont move in reverse. thinking shift solenoid, help.

07 charger, v6, 42rle transmission, Was told car was sitting for 2 yrs when i bought it, towed it home by rollback, went on test dr after putting in a good battery, everything worked perfect, parked it, then moved it again the same day, when i shift to R it wont go anywhere, heard a thump like its in gear, but wont move, flushed transmission fluid and filter, now wont go anywhere like its in limp mode, when i shift to drive hear a whining sound at first from transmission, don't have enough power to go up my driveway, was leaning toward transmission shift solenoid, fluid is full, check engine light was on, i unhooked battery for a hr, nothing, i love the car but want it to go, before I did the transmission fluid flush it went foward ok, but no reverse. If I can get it to just go toward I'll be happy, I'm willing to try anything, im a do it yourselfer, i cant afford a transmission shop.

The check engine light could mean diagnostic codes related to the transmission failure are available. If you request a check engine light diagnostic a mechanic could see if relevant codes have set and narrow the diagnostic for you. Check to be sure that there is adequate fluid. Check to be sure that the manual lever (shift lever) on the transmission reaches the correct position when you select "D" or "R". If you can’t move in any gear, the problem is not likely to be the solenoids because failure of the solenoids will still allow operation in "some" gears, if the gear is manually selected. If the solenoids failed, such would also result in a code being output because the TCM performs continuous circuit integrity testing on the solenoids. You can test that part separately in any event. There is a 164 page repair manual, with all the diagnostics, that you can use to pinpoint and repair the issue. However, if you just want a diagnostic, you can request a transmission diagnostic - failure to shift and the responding certified mechanic will pinpoint the issue. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. 07 charger v6 wont move, like its in limp mode, will shift solenoid fix this? wont move in reverse. thinking shift solenoid, help.