Q: steering wheel locked up, couldnt accelerate, car wont start back up again

asked by on March 12, 2017

I was driving around 40mph, went around a slight curve(I don't know if this information is helpful), then my steering wheel locks up, and I am not able to accelerate. I'm guessing the engine had shut off while driving. The brake light and engine light had came on. I managed to pull over, and turn the car completely off, and tried turning it back on, no cranking, nothing. After waiting 5-10 minutes, I tried again, still nothing. I tried getting a jump, unsucsessful. I have never had a problem like this before with my car before. Recently I had got a check up, new oil, new battery. The car still is not turning on. Please help!

Car is stalling Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle will lose power steering when the engine fails to power the drive belt. The brakes likely got harder to press and to control as well. You need to be concerned with finding out why the vehicle stalled to begin with. With the new battery installed recently, make sure the cables and ground connection are clean, dry, and tight. You may also want to test the battery and the alternator due to the no-start, no-crank situation you are facing now. Go through the fuse box and make sure no fuses or relays are blown. For more help finding the issue, contact the service department to schedule an appointment.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr