Q: My car heater isnt working.

When i try to turn on my hot air it doesnt turn on even if the car is fully warmed up. It sometimes takes up 40 min until the air starts blowing and coming out of the vent im not sure if its my blower motor or something else. Specially these cold morning it doesnt turn on.

This may be related to a faulty blower motor or blower motor relay. The blower motor is a unit inside your vent system that blows warm air from the heater core to the vents when the heater is on or cool air from the air conditioning system when the A/C is on. The blower motor relay supplies power to this motor when you turn the switch to "on" that can sometimes fail. When this happens, you may notice that you will not feel anything blowing out of the vents at all or it may work intermittently coming on occasionally. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your vehicle’s blower motor system.

3. My car heater isnt working.