Q: ABS lights on after rear ended accident 2009 Toyota Prius

My car (Toyota Prius 2009) was rear ended by another car. The insurance company repaired rear bumper free of charge. 2 days later, ABS lights were on. The dealer diagnosed fault codes- accumulator pressure sensor and brake system malfunction. The insurance team has rejected the claim stating that this is not related to the claim. My car was serviced 2 days prior to the accident and no fault was evident. May I know if rear ended accident could cause this fault. Thanks

Hi there - it is unlikely that the accident caused the ABS error in question. There are, however, issues with over-sensitive monitoring of brake system "false positives" by the ABS software documented in Toyota Technical Service Bulletins (342345, 342346, 342347). I would discuss this with your Toyota dealer to determine if your present ABS error code is the result of this sensitivity. Clearing these codes, and a software update is the "repair" if so.

3. ABS lights on after rear ended accident 2009 Toyota Prius