Q: Is it safe to drive when the thermostat housing bolt is broken?

I broke one of the three bolts holding the thermostat housing. There was a test drive with no issues or leaks. How safe is to drive this way?

A: If it doesn't leak and you've got t...

If it doesn't leak and you've got the other two bolts on tight then you should be okay. But here is what I would advise you to do: I would take it off again, take the two bolts off, and there is a really good gasket maker that you can just spray on--it's made by Permatax and it's called "the right stuff" just like that movie with Tom Cruise.

It really works great. A can of it is expensive, maybe 20-something dollars, but it works, and I use it all the time. Then, when you tighten the other two and seal them into a whole, you will probably never have leaks after this.