Q: Car is not starting after attempts to repair - 1999 Cadillac Catera

My Issue is I'm just about sick of this car. I've done just about everything I can think of and have spent so far 1500. The car would at first stay running about five minutes at a time. Then would die not start again for 45 mins or longer. Finally wouldn't start at all. Changed the crankshaft sensor the car will now crank and starts but dies after about a minute and has no power at idle the gas pedal. Sounds like car is out of gas it isn't. I'm thinking to just go ahead and change the ECM. OR THE PCM but which one. Its unbelievable would never reccamand buying a Cadillac . Can't afford to much more money . Could really use some help been working on this car for two months still won't stay running. I just don't get it! Please help.

Hello. Before replacing any more parts I would recommend having the vehicle tested by a mechanic. Your problem is very repeatable and should be easy to isolate to an ignition or fuel-related cause for the stalling. Changing the ECM (also known as a PCM) may not be the correct repair in this situation and can be a costly repair. A local expert from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the no-start issue for you and guide you with the correct repairs instead of spending money replacing the wrong parts.

3. Car is not starting after attempts to repair - 1999 Cadillac Catera