Q: Can't shift into high gear

asked by on February 23, 2016

My car won't shift into high gear. The Check Engine light is on.

Not able to change gears Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

This vehicle is equipped with an electrically controlled transmission. The most likely cause of not being able to shift to high gear is low battery voltage, or a faulty shift solenoid. As for the Check Engine Light on the transmission, it is in limp (safe) mode which prevents damage until the issue is resolved. A qualified technician will be able to verify the issue with your gears and your Check Engine Light.