Q: Smoke coming from muffler

asked by on February 13, 2016

As I was parking, I noticed white smoke coming out of the muffler.

Smoke from engine or exhaust Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi. Consider the weather, as this can change the diagnosis. Hot steam is a product of the operation of the gasoline engine. As the vehicle is running in cold weather, the hot air may be much more noticeable. On a warm day, however white smoke from the exhaust is commonly due to the engine trying to burn engine coolant or water. In some cases, this is accompanied by a low coolant level or overheating. If you need further assistance, I recommend you have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the smoke issue and and suggest an appropriate repair.