Q: Brakes squeaking when stopping on only the front left side

Background story on the vehicle: bought the care recently, got a good deal from my boss, the car has been sitting in the garage for over a year, new battery installed, new tires, supposedly new brakes were put in the summer before storing it. I want to believe him haven't checked the pads yet, but will this weekend, but that's half my question. But he told me that it will stop squealing once the dust it worn off, but I'm hitting almost 100 miles on the car now, still a squeal. but it only seems to do it on the left and only when I hit the breaks lightly, tested it on with a good smash. no squeal. I heard that some new breaks will squeal also, but over time will stop...wondering if it could be a combo of both new brakes and rust. Just weird it's only one side....

Hello, thanks for writing in about your Chevrolet Aveo. Your brakes can squeal and be okay but to be on the safe side you should have the brakes inspected by a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, to make sure. The rotors and pads could just have some surface rust which can come and go. This is normal for the brake system.

3. Brakes squeaking when stopping on only the front left side