Q: Truck won't shift out of reverse but the shifter is in park.

Another mechanic messed with the links or bushings with the tranny shifter i guess, when he worked on my truck before...they came a loose and he came and put them back in place. One on the driver side and passenger side underneath the truck...a five minute fix....now it's happening again. This time I shifted to park but my truck is still in reverse.....

Hi there. There are two different things that could be happening. Either the shifter cable is broken and came off the shifter linkage on the transmission or the transmission rod inside the transmission pan that connects to the main valve is broken. I recommend replacing the shifter cable if the shifter cable is broken or stretched. If you need further assistance with your transmission stuck in reverse, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.