Q: Are crankshaft pulleys and harmonic balancers the same thing? I have a 1998 Buick Century custom and it is wobbling and making a loud noise.

asked by on October 05, 2016

Are crankshaft pulleys and harmonic balancers the same thing? I have a 1998 Buick Century custom and it is wobbling and making a loud noise. My car has an automatic transmission.

Crankshaft Harmonic Balancer Replacement $133.89 - $841.61 Get a Quote

Hi, thanks for writing in. On your vehicle, the pulley is actually manufactured into the harmonic balancer. If the pulley is wobbling, it would be best to have a certified mechanic, like those available at YourMechanic.com, take a look at the vehicle, to be sure there is no damage to the crankshaft. We can come to your home or office to perform a crankshaft harmonic balance replacement.