Q: Are crankshaft pulleys and harmonic balancers the same thing? I have a 1998 Buick Century custom and it is wobbling and making a loud noise.

Are crankshaft pulleys and harmonic balancers the same thing? I have a 1998 Buick Century custom and it is wobbling and making a loud noise. My car has an automatic transmission.

Hi, thanks for writing in. On your vehicle, the pulley is actually manufactured into the harmonic balancer. If the pulley is wobbling, it would be best to have a certified mechanic, like those available at YourMechanic.com, take a look at the vehicle, to be sure there is no damage to the crankshaft. We can come to your home or office to perform a crankshaft harmonic balance replacement.

3. Are crankshaft pulleys and harmonic balancers the same thing? I have a 1998 Buick Century custom and it is wobbling and making a loud noise.