Q: New battery, car still won't start. Single click sounds, like a dead battery

My car wouldn't start so I bought a new battery. I installed the new batt, but the car still won't start. Everything works (radio, a/c, lights) but the car still won't start. It makes a single click when u turn the key. It makes a sound like a dead battery.

Starter Replacement $154.22 - $1142.70 Get a Quote

It sounds like you may have a faulty starter solenoid. If you hear a clicking sound when turning the key, it is likely that your starter solenoid may be faulty. The starter solenoid is located on the starter and has internal electrical contacts that transmit electricity to the starter. As electricity is supplied to the starter a small gear comes out and engages the flywheel to spin the engine over as you turn the key. When this fails, it may cause a clicking sound and will not allow the starter to engage the flywheel when you turn the key. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.