Q: where is the crankshaft position sensor located?

our car will not start. we know its not a fuel problem. there is a misfire somewhere, we checked spark plugs and they're fine. a mechanic at autozone recommended changing the crankshaft postion sensor. Problem is we cant locate it

Hello, thank you for writing in. Unfortunately this is one of the components that they have hidden from us on this particular vehicle. It is best obtained from the bottom of the vehicle. It will be located above the starter, and you will need to remove the starter in order to access it. Once you remove the starter, it is the only plug that is also set into the engine in a similar fashion to the starter. With that being said, you do have the symptoms of a failing crankshaft sensor, but it is a lot of work to replace, if you have not tested some of the more basic issues related to spark and fuel. For more help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. where is the crankshaft position sensor located?