while applying hard breaks, car unable to stop, getting s...

Q: while applying hard breaks, car unable to stop, getting slip and making sound while hard breaks

asked by on August 28, 2017

Last evening I was driving my car in Rain, suddenly I put hard breaks on car but it didn't stop and making some sound while braking. Then I tried to put hard breaks multiple time, each time same sound and situation. When I apply break smooth and slowly it works, but problem is when I am putting hard breaks

This is the way ABS or antilock braking systems work. You should not release the brake pedal when your are feeling the pedal vibrate since this is the ABS system pulsing the brakes so you do not skid. If you keep lifting up on the brakes and re apply then it will engage again if the system senses one or more wheels locking up in the rain or slick roads. Unless you have a failure service light on then I recommend reading the owner’s manual for proper braking operation of your car.