Q: My 2006 Ford Taurus does not want to shift out of first gear

asked by on February 19, 2018

So my car was shifting fine one day, then when I was cruising down the road, my “check transmission” came up. I stop and turned of the car then turned it back on and I got 8 error codes. 4 of them were O2 sensors, one was evaporation emission system vent control circuit, torque converter clutch circuit electrical, and shift solenoid A and C, comes up. This happend once before but now my car won’t get out of first or second gear. Got my transmission looked at and it was fine.

All of the transmission codes tells me your transmission is not fine and may have a wiring or solenoid problem. You will need to have the pinpoint tests done for each code to determine if it is a computer problem, wiring or internal transmission problem.